Today was my first attempt at a frittata. And it was a success! It was delicious. You can use different veggies, herbs, and spices to create unique flavours in your frittata so definitely experiment. You really can’t go wrong. You can also add salt if you wish. This is how to make the one I made this morning.
What You Need
1. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
2. While the oven is heating up, chop up all of your veggies in small pieces. Make sure they’re all mostly the same size so that they cook evenly. And chop up the ham as well.
3. Once chopped, heat a non-stick skillet until hot. **DO NOT SAUTEE THE SPINACH. IT WILL BE ADDED AT THE END** Sautee the ham first until the sides slightly brown and curl. Add the veggies and the olive oil and sautee until veggies are soft. Don’t overcook them! Lower the temperature to med-low if you need to. Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder over your stirfry.
4. As your veggies are sauteeing, crack the eggs into a separate bowl, add the egg beaters. Whisk until well blended. Stir in the sriracha sauce and any herbs/spices you want. A few dashed of each will suffice. Don’t overdo it.
5. Grab a 8x8 pan or a pie pan. Coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray. Don’t overdo it.
6. Set the ham/veggies aside and let them cool down for about 2min. Then pour them into the oven pan. Next, pour the egg mixture over top of the veggies. Mix well to evenly distribute the egg mixture and veggies. Next, sprinkle the spinach on top. Then grate the cheese on top of everything. Sprinkle any final herbs/spices.
7. Once your oven is ready, place the pan inside and cook for 25-35minutes. The sides should start getting slightly browned. That’s when it’s pretty much ready.
8. After it’s done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into 1/2 and enjoy!
Calories: 250 per serving