Please help me. I've gained like 5kg since March, I don't know why though. I've tried raising my intake from 1200cal to 1800 and it has made it worse. I've only had a couple of binges like on my birthday and on Easter. Do you have any ideas as to why I've been gaining? — Anonymous
I would need to know more information about you.
- Stats, height, weight, how much you burn per day, etc.
- If you’ve been starving yourself for a long time (by eating only 1200 calories) then you’ve shot your metabolism and it is slowwwww. If this is the case, then the only way to get your metabolism back to it’s normal rate is by eating more. And yes, that will result in weight gain as a consequence of the stupid decision to starve yourself (and by starving yourself I don’t mean not eating…. it means a point of calorie restriction)
- It’s possible you’re eating more than you think, mindlessly snacking on things without taking into consideration their calories.
- It’s possible you’re not eating enough for your stats.
- It’s possible that your binge sessions are causing you to inhibit fat storage, while you’re not actually losing any fat.
- If you’re obese, it’s possible you have insulin resistance. Which will store more fat and won’t allow you to burn as much off. This is a hormonal imbalance and will have to be fixed with your diet. A deficit will not help you in this regard.
So it could be many things.