I love plumsBenefits of Eating Plums
- Plums, even their dried form known as ‘prunes’, are high in unique phytonutrients called neochlorogenic and chlorogenic acid. Their function is that of an antioxidant and is of much benefit to the body.
- Since plums are rich in antioxidants, they provide protection from superoxide anion radical and also prevent damage to our neurons and fats that form a part of our cell membranes.
- Consumption of plums helps in the production and absorption of iron in the body, thus leading to better blood circulation, which further leads to the growth of healthy tissues.
- Regular consumption of plums can prevent macular degeneration and any other infection of the eye, in the long run. Your eyes will be healthy and strong for long time and you can also retain a sharp eye-sight.
- Researchers have found that plums have anti-cancer agents that may help prevent the growth of cancerous cells and tumors in the body.
- Eating plums also reduces your chances of contracting a heart disease in the long run. Plums have certain cleansing agents that keep the blood pure and prevent complications of the heart.
- Plums have high content of Vitamin C, which means that they help protect the body against health conditions like asthma, colon cancer, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Plum juice concentrate is effective in preventing and reducing human influenza A.
On the benefits of eating plums…